How To Survive Socialism In America

How To Survive Socialism In America

This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 12, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.

In this national bestseller, former Speaker Newt Gingrich reveals how Big Government Socialism is crippling America—and offers strategies and insights for everyday citizens to overcome its influence.

Defeating

In communities across our country, Americans are debating Critical Race Theory, vaccine mandates, tax increases, rising inflation, online censorship, and a host of other important issues. 

I Was A '60s Socialist. Today's Progressives Are In Danger Of Repeating My Generation's Mistakes.

We have serious decisions to make about the future of our nation. Do we want big government, or limited government? Do we want to work hard and keep what we earn, or do we want government to decide how our money is spent? Do we want our children to learn how to think in school, or be told what to think? Do we want to make our own decisions about health care, or should the federal government dictate our treatments? Should American companies compete on a level playing field, or should Washington decide who wins and loses? 

Speaker Gingrich analyzes these questions, describes the polling that shows what the American Majority wants, and illustrates how we can create a safer, more prosperous, and secure future for America.  

In Defeating Big Government Socialism, best-selling author and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich explains how Americans must confront Big Government Socialism, which has taken over the modern Democratic Party, big business, news media, entertainment, and academia. He also offers strategies and insights for everyday citizens to save America’s future and ensure it remains the greatest nation on earth.

How Did America Forget What 'socialist' Means?

This book is about the rise of Big Government Socialism in America and is a guide to winning the arguments around elections—upcoming and beyond. It comes from Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s rule that “first you win the argument, then you win the vote.”

The 2022 and 2024 elections are among the most vital in American history. Down one road is continued decay and decline under Big Government Socialism and obsolete, unionized, gigantic bureaucracies. Down the other road is a revitalization of the American system of patriotism, hard work, free enterprise, and continuous problem solving.

I wrote this book because I believe that the United States is in deep trouble. If we are complacent, we will cease to be a free nation. We face both domestic and foreign threats to our survival.

The Big Scary 's' Word: Why Are People So Terrified Of Socialism?

This book is designed to enable you, the citizens, to win the argument with your friends, neighbors, relatives, and coworkers. The goal is to help encourage Americans to save their own country by understanding what is threatening us and what we must do to survive as a free, prosperous, and safe nation.

What

The core tenets of Big Government Socialism—wealth redistribution, woke thought-policing, and dictatorial government control—have become the core tenets of the American Democratic Party. The few moderates who are left are either being coerced to fall in line or pushed out of office by the radical wing, which has taken over. As I detail in this book, the rise of the Big Government Socialists is only going to create more problems, divisions, and conflicts in America.

The rise of Communist China is an existential threat. Many of our elites refuse to even recognize the threat from Beijing. (For many, it is because they make so much money from China and put profit above patriotism.) Our bureaucracies refuse to modernize at a rate necessary to compete with China. Our news media is too filled with trivia, gossip, and childish stories to truly educate the country and host a debate about how to succeed in the competition with the Chinese Communist dictatorship.

Coronashock And Socialism

On a more immediate and conventional note, Vladimir Putin’s ability to focus Russian resources on military power has been increased dramatically by the Biden administration’s effort to cut American oil and gas production. This is increasing the value and profit of Russian production—and the leverage they get through Western European dependence on Russian natural gas. As we saw with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, the Biden administration strategy for coping with Russian adventurism is insufficient. At the time of this writing in early March, the Ukrainians are heroically defending themselves against Putin’s aggression.

Between the Iranian dictatorship’s focus on acquiring nuclear weapons, the North Korean focus on matching nuclear weapons with delivery systems capable of reaching the United States, and the steadily growing worldwide threat of Islamist radical terrorism, the dangers of a cataclysmic, America-crippling event compound. As the foreign clouds continue to darken and grow, the threats to freedom here at home are also expanding.

Studio

As a member of Congress and Speaker of the House, I swore to defend the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. Today there are enemies of freedom abroad seeking our defeat. Tragically, there are also those who would destroy freedom here at home (some deliberately and some out of ignorance).

What Is The Most 'socialist' State In The Us?

The decay of freedom here at home was impressed upon me during a visit to Capitol Hill in the fall of 2021.

I was there to speak to the Republican Study Committee at its weekly lunch. The Study Committee is the largest organization of conservative Republicans in the House. They had more than sixty members at lunch, including the number two House Republican, Steve Scalise, who chaired the Study Committee before winning election as Whip.

After I spoke and took questions, Scalise and Representative Jim Banks (the leader of the Study Committee and a rising star in House Republican activities) both asked me to join them and walk on the House floor. I was both flattered and intrigued. I had not been on the House floor since I left the Congress in 1999. My wife, Callista, and I were in the visitors’ gallery when Pope Francis spoke in 2015, but I felt as a former Speaker that I should not get too close to the daily business of the House. That was the job of the currently elected members and the leadership.

Naming

The Debate: Is America's Future Capitalist Or Socialist?

Scalise and Banks explained that they thought it would shake up the Democrats to see me back on the floor working on the Republican victory in 2022. It sounded like fun, and I agreed to join them in venturing into the heart of Nancy Pelosi Land. The journey from the room in the visitors’ center to the floor was a lot more revealing and sobering than I would have expected.

The difference in atmosphere between the Senate’s wing of the Capitol and the House’s wing was stunning. It was the opposite of what I would have expected from my twenty-year experience as a House member. Traditionally, the one-hundred-member Senate is the more austere and dignified body. After all, its members serve six-year terms, and only one-third of them seek reelection each election cycle. The House is much larger, and each one of its 435 members must run for reelection every two years. It is traditionally more casual, more open, and generally friendlier.

I often tell audiences that the best way to imagine the two cultures is that the Senate is a country club, and the House is a truck stop (and I mean that with the utmost affection). However, under the Pelosi dictatorship, the House has become a hostile center of paranoia and negativity. The Senate survived COVID-19 and the riot of January 6, 2021, with a resilience that helped it remain the institution it had become over the previous generations. Senators in both parties still talk with each other despite partisan differences. On secondary and smaller issues, Democrats and Republicans work together and often produce bipartisan solutions that pass by unanimous consent or with sizable bipartisan majorities.

Defeating Big Government Socialism By Newt Gingrich

As I walked through the corridors of the three Senate office buildings, members and staff from the Democratic side greeted me, and there was a feeling that we were all in this business of self-government together—even if we disagreed philosophically and in partisan identity. The militant hostility of the left-wing House Democrats has not permeated the Senate, even though members such as Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren were clearly advocates for a more radical—indeed socialist—America.

SURVIVING

I felt that I could walk freely through Senate office buildings and even in the Senate side of the Capitol. However, as I crossed the great Rotunda at the center of the Capitol Building, I immediately knew I was entering a vastly different environment. On the House side, there was a profound feeling of paranoia, control, harsh partisanship, and rigidity.

I had first experienced this new more closed, more policed House a few months earlier when I went to the Cannon House Office Building for a meeting with the staff of the Conservative Opportunity Society (COS). This was an activist group of conservative members that I had helped organize thirty-nine years ago. COS had been the weekly action planning meeting for a dozen or more House Republicans starting in 1983. Its goal was to create a more activist, militant House Republican Party that was willing to fight to be in the majority. (At that time, we had been in the minority for twenty-nine

It Didn't Happen Here: Why Socialism Failed In The United States: The Independent Review: The Independent Institute

Posting Komentar untuk "How To Survive Socialism In America"