If you are, you have come to the right place, because I recently sailed Holland America Line on their epic Mediterranean Legends Cruise.
I plan to share with you all the fantastic amenities and experiences that made my cruise so spectacular. I want you to put Holland America Mediterranean Cruise at the top of your list.

. As a fitness nut, is there access to a gym? Will there be a time and a place for me to run? How about the food?
Ultimate Viking Explorer
As a vegan, please do not tell me there are no vegan options or make me feel like it is an imposition to make me something vegan to eat. All cruises offer optional wifi when I travel but is it good, fast, and reliable?
I will address all these issues here and share my experiences with you so that you understand exactly what puts Holland America Cruises in a special category of its own!
I have not been on an ocean cruise for over 10 years. There was an abundance of stops our ship would be making during its 13 day Mediterranean cruise.
Greek Odyssey & Mediterranean Empires
I was very interested in the ship I would be spending my time on. So, I will begin with my home-away-from-home, the MS Koningsdam, and give you a tour around!
Like me, all were ready to relax at a myriad of locations on board, and explore the world-class ports of call we would be visiting.
On my Holland America Mediterranean Cruise aboard the MS Koningsdam, there were 200+ children. 400 guests were from Australia. There were a lot of solo sojourners like me, and over 40 countries were represented!
J462a 28 Day Greek Isles & Adriatic Dream
There are many options to choose from when it comes to an amazing stateroom onboard the Koningsdam. The length of your cruise and your budget will probably be factors, along with who you may be traveling with.
You still have an abundance of amenities, like the signature Mariner’s Dream bed with EuroTop mattress. And lots of storage, and a nice updated bathroom with premium massage showerheads.
Coming in at 175 t-282 sq ft., this room has all of the amenities listed above, plus a lovely window to view the world as you cruise past it. Or wake up to it each morning!
Holland America Adds Seventh Ship To Alaska
There were floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that lead out onto a very generous sized balcony, that I used every single day of the cruise. It was my own private sanctuary.
This category of room had a nice sized sitting area and desk to work at, plus all amenities listed already. Did I mention there is a flat-screened TV in all categories of stateroom?
260-356 sq ft (including the verandah) this is a beautifully appointed suite with plenty of room to stretch out in and lots of storage space.
Holland America Line's New Wave Promotion On Cruises
Signature Suite: 393-4– sq ft (including verandah), an even larger suite with added sleeping areas for additional guests. There is also a full-sized whirlpool tub in the bathroom and generous-sized sitting areas.
These are of course the creme de la creme, the best of the best. They are the largest, and come with additional amenities like a private concierge, and use of the exclusive Neptune Lounge.
I spent many an afternoon relaxing out on my stateroom balcony. I loved sitting and watching as we sailed by some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen!
Holland America To The Mediterranean
Every stateroom comes with a flat-screened television with a remote control to enjoy. There were live cable news shows, movies, and tv shows to watch.
You were able to sign up for shore excursions from the convenience of your stateroom or review your onboard charges in real-time.
An internet package while onboard the Koningsdam is something you may or may not want to pursue. During my cruise, I had the
Health Protocols & Faqs
If like me, you do not want to give up your social media channels. More importantly, you may want to have the comfort of being in touch with work, family or friends back home while onboard.

Please be advised that there may be times when the internet is out, or slower than usual, that comes with cruising. On this cruise, those spots were very few and far apart.
I find some apps on my phone are difficult to understand and not at all easy to learn. Not the case with the Navigator application.
Holland America Line Sees Higher Interest For Longer Roundtrip Voyages From U.s. Homeports
It was very easy to use and an invaluable resource all throughout my Holland America Mediterranean Cruise. It is a must to download!
What had me calling Holland America several times before my cruise, was to inquire as to what kind of electrical outlets would be in my stateroom.
Would they be American outlets, thus compatible with all my electronic devices? Or would they be European outlets, meaning I would have to bring universal converters with me from home?
Pros And Cons Of A Mediterranean Cruise Vacation: My Honest Review
Happy to share, that the staterooms, had BOTH types of electrical outlets, and plenty of them. I brought my laptop, cell phone charging cord, and cell external battery charging cord.
All staterooms come with a safe. I personally kept my passport locked in the safe and used my driver’s license for identification whenever I could.
I also locked my laptop, credit cards, etc in the safe when I was out festivating on board or in the spa, etc.
Holland America Extends Appreciation Offer To Military, First Responders And Healthcare Workers
Here you can see the safe and refrigerator in my stateroom, and also some of the ample storage in my Veranda stateroom
Part of the fun of a cruise, is the food, of course! It is how we nourish our bodies and our spirits. It is how we make friends while onboard.

Eating is when we reconnect with our family and happily share our experiences. And the Koningsdam had an abundance of locations to eat and I want to tell you, the food was fabulous!
Holland America Norway Cruise For Food Travelers
If you have dietary restrictions or food allergies of any kind, the culinary staff is eager and well-equipped to deal with them.
As a vegan, I was treated no differently than anyone else in my dining party and served top-notch food plated expertly, a feast for the eyes and the stomach.
Always the most popular location for fine dining lunch and dinner, the main dining room is where most guests head to for a sophisticated ambiance to match the gourmet dining.
Mediterranean Geocaching Adventure Including Tunisia
There still is early and late dining reservation options, that I would say the majority of guests use. However, there is an ample section of the main dining room that is dedicated to “drop-in” dining guests.
It is always better to have reservations of course, but ‘drop-in’ dining is an option for you. On those days when you will arrive back later from a shore excursion or plan to participate in a game or watch a concert, the drop in dining option is always available.
Canaletto is an Italian Restaurant that served the most authentic Italian food I have ever seen. And I know because my mom was Italian! This food was extremely impressive.
An Introduction To Holland America Cruises
Tamarind was by far my favorite fine dining restaurant. It was beautifully appointed and it offered an impressive and exotic menu of Asian foods.
Ok, let’s face it! You are on a cruise. Some days you may not feel like dressing up for dinner. Or simply do not want to go to dinner.
Located on the Koningsdam’s Lido Deck on the 9th floor, the Lido Market was arguably one of the most popular casual places of all to eat.

Holland America Line Noordam Cruise Ship 2023 / 2024
I always tried to sit by the window for my lunch or dinner at the Lido Market. Located high up on Deck 9, the Market had the best views!
And you could find anything and everything under the sun that your heart and your tummy desired. I had lunch almost every day at the Lido Market.
I loved the Asian bowls and salad bowls. And my favorite, the pretzel rolls! Yikes….! The Lido Market was located right next to the spa and I could not resist!
Maiden Voyage: How A Cruise Ship Crew Comes Together
For those days when lounging at the pool was the plan, Dive-In was a great choice for a burger, hot dog or fries poolside!
Giving homage to Holland America Line’s Dutch heritage, the Grand Dutch Cafe was a great casual location to hang out and enjoy a pastry or gourmet coffee. An additional charge required.
Of things to do while cruising is ordering room service. Can you even imagine? Available 24 hours, around the clock, you can order just about anything to be delivered to your stateroom!
Holland America Culinary Cruises 2019
Well, the Koningsdam offered a wide variety of entertainment options and there was arguably something to please everyone. Some options were early evening, and some were well into the night.
Located on Deck 2 of the Koningsdam was the Music Walk, where guests had the option of spending their time at one venue or move about and enjoy several venues during their evening.
This venue was by far my personal favorite! I closed it down several nights during my cruise. The BB King’s All-Star Band was exceptional.
Ms Zuiderdam Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review
Late-night partying makes guests hungry! There was always an array of finger foods served late at night all along the Music Walk by a very friendly Holland America Mediterranean Cruise staff!

The best that the entertainment field had to offer was presented here. I watched several shows here and was dazzled and
Posting Komentar untuk "Holland America Mediterranean Cruise May 2019"