Poverty In America 2018 Documentary

Poverty In America 2018 Documentary

You've just tried to add this video to My List. But first, we need you to sign in to using one of the services below.

You've just tried to add this show to My List. But first, we need you to sign in to using one of the services below.

-

By creating an account, you acknowledge that may share your information with our member stations and our respective service providers, and that you have read and understand the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Un Expert Reveals Shocking Facts About Poverty In The U.s.

The experience of childhood poverty against the backdrop of a pandemic and a national reckoning with racism. Set in Ohio, the film follows children and their families navigating issues of poverty, homelessness, race and new challenges due to COVID-19.

Funding for FRONTLINE is provided through the support of viewers and by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Major funding for FRONTLINE is provided by the Ford Foundation. Additional funding …

Funding for FRONTLINE is provided through the support of viewers and by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Major funding for FRONTLINE is provided by the Ford Foundation. Additional funding is provided by the Abrams Foundation; the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation; Park Foundation; and the FRONTLINE Journalism Fund with major support from Jon and Jo Ann Hagler on behalf of the Jon L. Hagler Foundation, and additional support from Koo and Patricia Yuen.

Hunger In America: The 1968 Cbs Documentary That Shocked America

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ >> Millions more Americans have filed unemployment claims... >> Many Americans face a new challenge of putting food on the table.

>> If I feel sad or something, and I expressed to my mom, that would make her feel sad and so I just keep it to myself.

We use disinfecting wipes to wipe down the knobs, the light switches, and a lot of things that we touch a lot.

Amazon.com: The Line: Poverty In America

There's not enough room in the house for my brother to stay, so he lives with my grandparents, and he comes over to visit as much as he can.

I've always worked, uh, up until I found out I had a kidney disease and was told by my doctor that they didn't want me to work.

>> My mom stretches the money that she gets, like, to last out the whole month, but some things I can't get that I want.

Jacob Holdt's American Pictures: A Note On Style In Poor Cinema

The grocery stores are, like, running out of supplies and stuff, like, um, toilet paper, bread, meats, I don't-- a few things.

Because there's still any chance of her getting sick from contact with other people-- even their cars, like, they, they could have coughed or something and it could have gotten on the car.

If we're not allowed to work, then that means I can't complete my hours so, to... maybe my, my assistance could get shut down.

Documentary Exposes Reality Of Child Poverty In America In The Time Of The Coronavirus

I guess that's something that's all coming down the pipeline, but as of right now, we're at a standstill with knowing what's gonna happen.

She still has not gotten back on her feet with, um, a job which, um... and she doesn't want to move into another place where she knows that she can't afford it and then we'll be out.

I haven't had any income coming in since before COVID started, because I had just ended a position and I was going into a new position in March.

Geography Of Poverty • America • Matt Black • Magnum Photos

If you was gonna start work and COVID-19 interrupted that, and/or if you had a child in your home whose schooling was interrupted by COVID-19, this...

They're going to be giving me a weekly benefit of that much money until I find a job, but everything is still pending, though, so I haven't got anything yet.

Every little bit will help the necessities of life, like toothpaste, toothbrush, stuff that we need for feminine products or summer clothes, for example, since our stuff was frickin' taken away through storage, auctioned off.

Us Inequality: Disney Heiress Blasts Entertainment Empire's Poverty Wages In New Documentary

I lost important things like pictures that I can't get again, some of our clothes were actually in there, and a whole lot of other stuff.

-

I just keep it packed, 'cause at this point, there's no reason to keep unpacking it, so I just keep it all packed.

I just lay these out and then in the morning, I'll put them away, and then when I go to sleep again, I'll take them out.

Americans Want To Believe Jobs Are The Solution To Poverty. They're Not.

It's also, like, getting, like, food, because just, like, more than for not having money for a house, it's just in general.

Because when my mom-- when I can see that, like, my mom feels like that, it makes me feel like that, then I start to, like, not blame it on myself, but feel like I wish, like, I could help, but I can't.

>> I don't think it's good that I'm missing lots of school, because my grades right now, my schoolwork is not very well.

Usa: Being Poor In The World's Richest Country

(phone chirps) >> (coughs) (song playing on phone) >> I have to take ADHD medicine, but I don't take it 'cause, uh, I don't like it.

I have a land that's called Laikyen Land, and when I, like... Do you guys know when you guys just, like, zone out, like when you just stare and don't blink?

She doesn't really use her paychecks from work to buy our food, 'cause that's more important to put towards bills and other stuff that we need.

An Outrage: Documentary About Lynching In The American South — Field Studio

>> In my opinion, my mom don't get paid as much as she should, because my mom works hard, and she... deserves a little bit more.

That I don't have, and that's the risk I have to take every day waking up and hoping to hell it don't burn down to the ground.

Documentary

Yeah, don't stress about it, just, just work a little bit at a time and get them up a little bit each time.

Dw Documentary: Poverty In The Usa

>> (sniffles and gasps) >> And the, the school says that they're sorry that your life has been disrupted, and they'll be making every attempt to support you.

>> The loss of her is, like, really big to me, and, like, I don't think anyone else can take her spot.

>> The next move is getting a job to bring that income and saving and then we can... We can apartment-hunt, because I have to have the application fee and the processing fees.

For The Past 50 Years, Hard Work Has Brought The Poor Nothing

Where we find housing is important to me because Kyah has already expressed to me time and time again that she wants to stay in her school district.

>> Well, I would choose not to change schools because I used to not like going to school because I used to get bullied a lot.

So I used to beg my mom to stay home and I don't think it will just be wise to go through that all again and messing up my education.

Wilma Dykeman Legacy

When I was going through getting bullied, it made me, like, I don't know, it just made me really sad and, like, self-conscious about myself.

Because I know people who have actually, like, cut their self and stuff like that over bullying, and, like, a lot of people take their lives over it, but luckily, I was, like, younger.

♪ ♪ When I'm dancing, I feel like I can just, like, let all my emotions out, and, like, just, like, breathe and don't have to worry about anything else, like, that you know you're going through.

Amazon.com:

After Pbs Drops Film, Pbs Socal Reviews Documentary Produced In Association With A Chinese State Tv Network

State leaders say it was a difficult decision, and what you can do to make sure your child does not fall behind.

Um, the government shut down school for the rest of next month and we'll go back to school on May 1, but we possibly may not even go back to school.

It kind of made me a little bummed out because it meant that I don't get to see my friends or really anybody else for, like, another month.

Watch An Outrage: Smithsonian Premiered Film On Lynching History

>> During this time of mandated school closures, it is important that our students keep their skills and continue to grow as learners.

She's gonna be the wild child, I can already see it, 'cause, you know, I got my head on my shoulders and there's always that one.

>> All of the younger grades, like, it's really hard for any of them to do their work because they're younger, and they're used to having that structure at school where their teacher, like, tells them to do their work and, like, if they're at home, their parents, like, are at work or just don't enforce it how they should, of how they need to do their school work.

A Journey Through A Land Of Extreme Poverty: Welcome To America

>> It's just a lot on you right now, 'cause you didn't get it done, like we could have done it and now we're just... >> I just can-- I can't.

>> Yeah, and I'm getting... What I miss most about school is spending time with my friends, um, talking to them, being able to communicate.

I only have so much to do at home, like, inside, and, like, I usually like to, like, go outside and play basketball, but now I can't really do that 'cause of the virus.

How Historical Racism Influences Modern Poverty And Racial Inequality

Being online, I can still talk to people and, like, communicate with them, but I'd much rather, like, communicate with, with them in person.

Amazon.com:

>> Help me feed her, get her

Posting Komentar untuk "Poverty In America 2018 Documentary"