German Girl In America Blog

German Girl In America Blog

2020 is just halfway done – but if I was to choose a German person of the year, regardless whether it is politics, entertainment or whatever background, I have two people on my list, who massively grew in my attention and sympathy. One of them is German fitness vlogger Pamela Reif, whose authentic channel nearly exploded in the previous months regarding the number of followers and media attention. As my close-to-150kg body does not allow me to give sophisticated thoughts on fitness, I skip her.

The other person is Felicia Hofner, a mid-20’s girl, who is originally from Munich, Germany, but now lives in Cincinnati, Ohio. You don’t know her? Maybe you know her YouTube channel, German Girl in America. I started following her around March (2020!!), when she just released her 20k subscriber video. I hoped to get this posting done before Feli reaches the 100k follower milestone – but she and her team were just too quick: on the evening of 6th August 2020, they were able to celebrate this amazing success. It is the first time I present a YouTube channel – but I felt that in a time in which we cannot exchange by travelling, these online services are extremely valuable.

German

. The rationale was a trademark / copyright dispute with another US-German social media content creator. Some background to that in this video:

Across The Fence: German Girl In America

As Munich and Cincinnati are sister cities, Felicia already visited the Ohio city as part of a pupil exchange in teenage years. She happened to come back as an exchange student of the LMU University, Munich. Also due to relationship reasons, she came back to the city as part of an internship. She opened her YouTube channel as she was following US-German difference videos from a US perspective mostly in early 2018. But finally, I just give you her introduction video.

I am sure that there are many channels like hers out there in the world of YouTube – and yes, of course I tried a couple of other ones. I, however, feel that this channel is simply outstanding (and this is also why I want to share it with you). The key reasons to me, are

In general, I enjoy the episodes, for which Feli did a lot of research and gives background information. I just felt to give you a nice selection of her videos. However, three of the videos below are in the Top 4 of her most frequently viewed publication. The – by far – most viewed video is a reaction video on a video about living in Germany (1.5m views currently), which I feel is done very well, but not too characteristic for her contents.

How The Biggest Fraud In German History Unravelled

I felt to start with this one – just because it has some interesting questions, but majorly as you also get some views of Cincinnati. Finally, of course, I hope to have my posting published before Feli is doing the 100k – and I was too late…

There are again and again videos about linguistic issues (also about English speakers’ problems in Germany). This one is just quite entertaining – hope you like it.

Recently did a series of random differences between the US and Germany. Other topics are different toilets or ice cream – but this one about the declawing of cats may be the most shocking one.

Common German Phrases You'll Need On Your Travels

This video was one of the most impressive ones I saw in Feli’s contents. It represents the large cultural and moral differences in this topic between the two countries. To me, it is shocking (but likely, German sex education may feel strange to US people as well).

-

Less serious and thus more entertaining is Felicia’s video about different dating habits in the US and Germany. I don’t want to spoiler too much about the contents, but it is simply amazing how different traditions could be.

Especially German subscribers of her channel love Josh. Josh is a friend of Feli, who is born and grew up in the United. Despite comparably short stays in Germany, he is so fascinating as he practically speaks German without an accent. There are more episodes with Feli and Josh – and they are working on a podcast concept.

The Essential Gluten Free Guide To Germany (2023 Update)

Jim “Kimo” West is playing the very first German Weird Al Show tonight – he is back with “Nacht der Gitarren” in Fall

Airlines Airports All around Cologne Austria Berlin Blues Business Class & More Canada Cologne Country Music Debut EP / Album Eat & Drink EPs Finland Folk Music Free Entry German Artists German Schlager Germany Greater Los Angeles Hamburg Hard Rock & Metal Hilton Hotels Historic Museums Iceland Italy London Munich Music Legends Netherlands Pictured Stories Pop Music Rides on Rail Rock Music Spain Sweden Switzerland Technical Museums Top Pick! Travel with Kids United Arab Emirates United Kingdom USA With Gallery Women CountryDeutschland und die USA: Zwei völlig unterschiedliche Länder mit verschiedenen Kulturen, Klischees und Vorurteilen. Erfahren wir zumindest von Feli - dem German Girl in America.

Across

German Girl in America Felicia zeigt auf ihrem YouTube-Kanal German Girl in America Unterschiede zwischen Deutschland und den USA auf und deckt Vorurteile auf.  Das kann sie sehr gut, denn Felicia kommt eigentlich aus München und ist vor vier Jahren im Rahmen eines Austauschprogramms nach Amerika gereist. Ihr hat es dort so gut gefallen, dass sie gleich drüben geblieben ist. Mittlerweile lebt sie seit vier Jahren in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ihr YouTube-Kanal hat aktuell fast 180.000 Abonnent*innen. 

Why It's Much Easier To Be Healthy In Germany Than In America

In my videos, I talk about cultural differences between America and Germany, things I like and dislike about living here, and other experiences that I have made during my time in the States. - Felicia Hofner Im Interview mit Elise klärt sie uns über Unterschiede zwischen Deutschland und Amerika auf und verrät uns die größten Vorurteile der Amerikaner*innen.

Kulturelle Unterschiede Amerikaner*innen lieben Smalltalk. Allerdings reden sie nicht etwa wie wir gerne mal über das Wetter - der Smalltalk kann sich zu einem richtigen Deeptalk entwickeln.

Man muss sich erstmal dran gewöhnen als Deutsche*r, weil man das nicht so gewohnt ist und da geht es auch oft relativ schnell ins Private, wo man auch als Deutsche*r ein bisschen schockiert ist, dass die private Fragen stellen. Aber da sind die Grenzen einfach ein bisschen anders. Also auf Partys oder egal wo. Da musste man erstmal ein bisschen reinkommen, dass man dann auch private Dinge von sich preis gibt, dass man auch Fragen zurückstellt und nicht wie die Deutschen nur über das Wetter redet. - Felicia Hofner

-

One Day In Frankfurt Itinerary: The Best Travel Guide

Klischees Wie sehen die Amerikaner*innen eigentlich die Deutschen? Man hört ja immer wieder, dass Bayern für die Amerikaner*innen gleich Deutschland ist,  Stichwort Oktoberfest,  Tracht, Saufen und Co.

Ja auf jeden Fall ganz viel: Bier, Dirndl, Lederhosen sind auf jeden Fall ein Teil vom dem Klischee vom Deutschen aber ansonsten kommt danach noch Autos, Fußball und vielleicht noch irgendwie Nazigeschichte. - Felicia Hofner Die Wahl Feli lebt seit vier Jahren in den USA also genau in der bisherigen Amtszeit von Donald Trump. Sie selber hat davon eigentlich in ihrem Eigenleben gar nicht so viel mitbekommen und wurde wenig eingeschränkt, wobei man dazu sagen muss, dass die damit sehr privilegiert ist. Was der YouTuberin aber besonders auffällt ist, dass zwischen Republikaner*innen und Demokraten eigentlich keine Gespräche stattfinden.

Es zerstreiten sich teilweise Familien und es wird einfach nicht darüber geredet. [...] Es ist so ein bisschen ein Tabuthema, kein Partythema. Das wird einem auch auf interkulturellen Vorbereitungsseminaren beigebracht, dass man da auf keinen Fall drüber reden soll. -  Felicia Hofner Wer gewinnt die Wahl? Tja, wenn ich das wüsste. Ich hoffe natürlich, dass Biden gewinnt. [...] Ich habe das Gefühl, egal wie es aus geht, es kommt eine sehr sehr sehr schwierige Situation auf uns hier zu in dem Land. Ich habe Gott sei Dank immer so ein bisschen im Hinterkopf, dass ich jederzeit nach Deutschland zurückkommen kann. [...] Ich gehe schon ein bisschen davon aus dass Biden gewinnt, aber ich bin mir da nicht so sicher. - Felicia Hofner

Must Try German Foods & Drinks While Studying Abroad

Welche Unterschiede fallen dir zwischen Deutschland und Amerika ein? Hast du Vorurteile gegenüber den USA? Erzähl's uns an Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! oder per WhatsApp: 089 / 360 550 460.I can’t remember when I had my first encounter with the website of German Girl in America on Facebook. It might have been as early as 2014. Ever since I have been checking out the blog on the internet, and over the years, its creator, Karen Lodder Carlson, and I have become friends. Unfortunately, we have only met virtually yet. But my daily life has gained a lot just by seeing her mindful and deeply interesting, humorous, and sometimes even yummy posts – a site that is never a downer. Guaranteed! No wonder, she has a following of over 81, 000 people around the globe (and that’s only the “Likes” on her Facebook page).

-

Karen’s father emigrated from Germany to the US (via Canada) to eventually found his own nursery. But first he was drafted and sent back to Germany as a language instructor. There he re-met a former teenage acquaintance who made the leap and threw her fate in with his. Karen was born in California but got to visit Germany quite a few times as

Posting Komentar untuk "German Girl In America Blog"