We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page..
Burna Boy was widely criticized after sharing his views on African Americans having no ties to a home country, unlike American immigrants.

During an interview with entrepreneur and activist Chaka Bars, the Nigerian artist explained why it’s important for the African diaspora to return to the continent.
Burna Boy Says Nasty C Is Better Than Most American Rappers
“Let’s use America, ” Burna Boy began before saying that any country can be an example. “The Chinese American has a base; he knows he’s from China. Italian Americas know where their grandparents came from in Italy. They know the first person from their family to come to America and start that line. Same goes to everyone else except the African Americans.”
However, fans online criticized Burna Boy after a clip of the interview surfaced on Twitter, with many African Americans expressing their frustrations over his comments. Some pointed out that most Black Americans today are the descendants of USA chattel slavery and not immigrants, like the other cultures Burna Boy named.
“He skipped the whole history of African involvement in the slave trade and what that has meant for us. You can’t have a conversation with us without addressing that. So no he didn’t tell the truth he told the lord that you all have accepted as truth, ” read one tweet.
Burna Boy Makes A Statement After African American Backlash
He skipped the whole history of African involvement in the slave trade and what that has meant for us. You can't have a conversation with us without addressing that. So no he didn't tell the truth he told the lord that you all have accepted as truth — JP🇺🇸 (@MrIntrospect222) March 19, 2023
“It’s sad to see that in 2023 there are still such black people who would prefer we stay divided and conquered, ” he began. Burna Boy also denied saying all Black Americans are African, suggesting his message became lost in translation.
“Maybe it’s my accent or something but I never said you are African and not Americans. I also did not say Africa is part of Heaven. You deserve all the Land and reparations you want from America and I’m 100% in support of that.”
Burna Boy Speaks Out After Viral Comments On Black Americans Returning To Africa Causes Discourse
The Afrobeats artist then added his intention has always been to unite Africans and Black Americans. “I believe coming together as brothers and sisters is the only way forward to US black people worldwide, ” he added before stating that division is a barrier to progress. Nigerian superstar, Burna Boy had an interesting chat on Tuesday, 13th of July, with South African TV host, Trevor Noah on one of the most popular TV shows in both America and the world, The Daily Show.
This appearance is part of his promotional tour for his new album, African Giant which was released on the 26th of July, 2019 and his interview with Trevor Noah was laughter galore throughout the interview.
The afro-fusion artiste, during this interview, talked about his Coachella experience and why he thinks such an act should never be repeated or experienced by another African artiste whose identity gets hidden behind the names of other Western stars who are presumed to be bigger than them.

Savage Adds Verse To Burna Boy's Brandy & Ma$e Sampling Song
I was on a toilet seat and my mom called me to say you're doing Coachella and I was like, yeah, that's nice. So, I get off and go on the gram and then I see the thing and then I've seen all the names and then I'm looking for my name but I can't find my name... I literally can't find my name. So I'm like am I really performing ... what's going on, but (my mom) was like it's there... They had to circle it for me... so basically that has never happened to me before, I'm used to being The African Giant.
I'm not used to that, so I was like, what's this? I don't like this, No. so basically I expressed myself and told them. and it's just for that, it's for the fact that everyone that's coming after me shouldn't have to go through that ... it should be the same with like the Latin artistes and all the international people that were there, you know.
In responding to his narration and making light of the situation, Trevor Noah in his usual comic approach told Burna that his response was typical of a Nigerian as humility and Nigerians don't mix.
Nigerian Singer Burna Boy Parties With Offset At Album Listening Event In Usa
Burna Boy at the end of the interview performed a medley of two of the dopest soundtracks from his body of works; Ye and Anybody.
Watch till the end, it's laughter all through ??? #AfricanGiant #afrobeats #thedailyshow # A post shared by (@) on Aug 14, 2019 at 1:43am PDTThe second half of the 2010s has seen a significant rise in the U.S.’s interest in music coming out of West Africa. Most people would pinpoint the genesis of this curiosity as Drake’s collaborations with artists like Wizkid — though their work together also sparked internet-wide debates on Americans’ misinterpretation of genres coming out of West Africa and throughout the Caribbean. Misunderstandings aside, these conversations and newfound interest helped artists like Wizkid and Davido land deals with American record labels, opening the door for collaborations with stateside superstars and for some of their biggest hits to be in regular rotation on urban radio. Now, in 2019, with box office hits like Black Panther and The Lion King featuring a plethora of African talent on their soundtracks, artists who have long been major draws on the continent are getting their shots at stardom in the U.S.

One of the biggest stars to emerge from this steady momentum is Nigeria’s Burna Boy who, unlike many of his peers, is a master at not only blending sounds of West Africa, but also incorporating elements of dancehall and hip-hop to create afro-fusion, a sub-genre that he’s found himself the face of. Though he’d been actively working at this meshing since his first mixtape, 2011’s Burn Notice, his work reached new heights with 2018’s Outside. The album scored him an international hit with “Ye” and helped propel him to a set at Coachella.
Burna Boy Has The Whole World Listening
Upset with his placement on the Southern California festival’s flier, he asserted that he was an “African Giant, ” and his spot on the lineup should reflect that fact. Shortly after, he announced that his newest album would be titled the same and since its release in late July, Burna has found himself with a bigger international spotlight on him than ever before. A few weeks after it released, the 28-year-old sat down with The FADER at the Atlantic Records offices to speak about the journey leading up to African Giant, the importance of connecting people throughout the African diaspora with his music, and how he interprets crossing over.
It’s been about three weeks since African Giant dropped. As far as the reception that it’s gotten, is it what you hoped for?
I mean, yeah, man. It’s great, man. It’s amazing to see the reaction to it. And it’s still growing so it’s like, it’s very amazing to witness.
The Untold Truth About Burna Boy's Journey To Fame
Obviously I’ve been listening to it ever since it dropped, but you know, you cover love on there at certain points, spirituality, you fit in the little history in there. What was the most gratifying part of putting the album together for you? Whether that be one song, one session. Was there something that really fulfilled you while you were putting it together?

I mean, I feel like my best moment of recording this album was in Ghana. And I was recording… The songs I didn’t record while I was in Ghana. I feel like those are the best moments of the album because that’s when it felt it all come together. That’s when I felt it all… I felt it all like it was real now. Because it was all a vision in my head on how I wanted it to be. But at that moment, I just felt it all become a reality.
Yeah, I think it was before that, when I made, I think it’s when I made “Collateral Damage.” That’s when I felt like, “Yeah.” And then, I made “Another Story.”
Burna Boy Reveals Why He Does Not Like Media Interviews
“Spiritual” is the song that I always come back to. I was looking in my iTunes library, it’s already in my top 25 because I keep running it. But it’s just a really special song to me. And I
Posting Komentar untuk "Burna Boy Interview In America"